Tuesday 12 August 2014

First night in a new apartment / První noc v novém bytě

I didn't write for some time, as we were quite busy with moving, painting, carrying boxes, getting new chairs, sofa, and most importantly, waiting for more than a week for internet connection. I do have a mobile phone able to connect, but I really can't add posts to  my blog on that tiny screen. So this is a little report from what we did these days.


Painting the old flat
 Okay, this was super annoying. Our old flat was in terrible state, out landlady promised us new kitchen devices and shelves, but nothing happened. And afterwards she complained about the fact we painted the cupboards and kitchen and she actually didn't give us our money back. Whatever, we pay almost the same amount for significantly better and larger apartment.
After all day's work at 10 p.m., waiting for my dad to help us get last things to a new home
First night, living in boxes
 For the first few days our new home was a mess. But I was lucky not to go to work these days so I spent three of them unpacking our stuff. Unfortunately I had to wait till weekend to get our wardrobe ready, so I had to live with clothes in boxes for four more days.
living room, finished
 It looks nice and cozy now. The sofa and armchair is a set we found when we were buying used chairs to match our table (new wooden chairs would cost about 1500 CZK each, we got ours for 200 CZK) and we just couldn't leave it there. It is lovely and comfortable and looks just perfect!
living room, 2nd wall
 We don't have a proper bookcase, so our (well, mostly mine) books can't be displayed. The wooden cabinet is really old piece of furniture my father used to have in his shop. He didn't have room for it anymore so he put it in his basement so I could have it when we move to a bigger place. It is perfect for my sexing kit and later for a sewing machine.
Kitchen / dining room
 The kitchen could use some changes, like the floor and repairing the stove, but still... Our cats like hanging out in there.

Bedroom
 Bedroom still looks a little empty, because the bed is missing. We sleep on a couch, but we went shopping for a new mattress and my love is actually spending his free time to make a pallet bed (similar to the one in this article ) , which is very in now and all my friends will be very envious!
bedroom, part 2
 Finally! The wardrobe is finished, my clothes don't have to be squeezed and creased in boxes.
Bathroom
This is actually the reason why we picked this apartment. The bathroom has new tiles that go up to the ceiling (previous one was painted so the paint went of after a while) and on the floor, also the toilet looks this way. The thing is that you can fix a lot but a reconstruction of a bathroom costs a fortune (well, for our budget definitely).

So, this is it. We live in a lovely flat with the greatest view. I spend most of the day (when not at work) cleaning so the place wasn't any less perfect. Then I just lay back and look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment