Sunday 1 March 2015

OUTFIT: Scottish Highlands

Some time ago I bought a kilt in a second-hand store. And I mean a real kilt, not a plaid skirt or those wannabe kilts from metal stores, real kilt, 100% wool, made in Scottish Highlands. It is something that you don't find everyday, so I had to have it. There were two tiny problems with it. First, woolen things bite! Well, they make you really itchy, but this can be easily solved by putting on some thicker tights (no thin nylons!) and accepting the fact, that you cannot wear the skirt in summer (which I probably wouldn't anyway, as it is wool and I would get all sweaty). Then it was the lenght. The kilt actually ended somewhere above my ankles. I believe that not many people should wear midi skirt, I mean, you can look great as a fifty-year-old lady, when you shouldn't wear anything that ends above your knees, but to pull it off as a young girl, you have to have super long and thin legs. With my 167 cm and cyclistic calves it was something impossible. So I cut it and hemmed (which took whole afternoon and evening without a sewing machine!) and voila! It's a skirt above my knees! And I totally pull it off!


Outfit:
šedý kabát, off-brand, 
černý cardigan, New Yorker, 
šedé triko, Marks & Spencer, 
sukně, z druhé ruky, 
šedé punčochy, off-brand, 
lodičky na klínku, Vinted.cz (Jennifer),
černá kabela, off-brand, 
řetízek s kompasem, off-brand

No comments:

Post a Comment