Thursday 9 April 2015

Shopping update: March 2015


I do realize it is April already, but I didn't sum up my purchases from last month, so here we go. I promise, there will be some in April too (and this time I might make it in April, not the following month). I'm taking a break from the Top 10 Remix Challenge. Not that I cheated or anything, but the weather was just weird yesterday and my outfit is not very cool and inspiring, I'm hoping you'll like today's outfit - if and when I will be able to taky a photo of it.
So, here we go:

grey jacket, white tee, navy pencil skirt, all thrifted; grey-blue t-shirt, Esmara
 First a bit of monochrome. I needed the Esmara tee just because, I loved the material and the scoop neckline so I got it. There is never enough white t-shirts and this one has that pretty ornament on it! I really needed another pencil skirt so it was a planned purchase, I was just lucky to have found it in a second-hand store. The jacket cost me like 50¢, it was hidden in the children's section and I totally needed it.

blue and camel cardigan, yellow tee, yellow pants, all thrifted; leopard necklace, Kik; pearl ring, Gate
The monochrome needed some sunshine, so I decided to get some yellow stuff (there's just one colour I don't wear and that's orange, although I didn't wear much yellow either). The t-shirt looks pretty good on me, even though it has no real sleeves and It does make my arms look fat. So I usually hide them in a cardigan and problem solved! Both cardigans in the picture look great with the tee, especially the long camel one. It is acrylic, but I still love it. I've been looking for one for some time. The blue one on the other hand replaced my former blue cardigan (I don't need two of them). The yellow thing in the bottom right corner used to be a maxi skirt. After a lot of sewing and stitching removal I got angry, as the material is really stupid and it just kept creasing. So I gave up on the sewing machine this time and just handsew it. And even thoug it is still not perfect, it looks much better as pants on me. The necklace was almost free (3 CZK is 12¢, that's basically free) and the ring was the cutest and also really cheap. Two things are not in the picture but in the washing machine - two striped tees I purchased at the beginning of the month and totally forgot about them. But! you can see one of them here. Yes, I did shop a lot this month, but on my defense, these items altogether cost less money than the Anna Smith bag from last month!

No comments:

Post a Comment