Thursday 2 April 2015

Top 10 Remix Challenge

Recently I've been thinking about how to draw attention to my blog (just a little bit, to feel I am being heard, I enjoy writing and taking photos for my future self) and I came across the challenge thing. I was never into those capsule wardrobes (too many clothes, not enough time) so most of the challenges were not interesting for me, but then Franish mentioned this Remix challenge just started, being hosted by Sarah's Real Life and it sounded like the right thing for me. So I'm in!

What is that about?
I picked 10 pieces from my closet, that are "me", that define my style, that - and I quote Sarah - "screamed my name off the shelf".
The selection however was a bit tricky. First few were easy, I knew I couldn't leave out my blueberry bag, but then I wasn't sure. See, I don't have much of a style. I mean, I am pretty stylish, but undecided when it comes to fashion. Sometimes I envy those who do metal, or boho, or girly and just stick with it, don't have to worry about what defines them. But most of the time I like the freedom of choice, I can be whoever I want to be, and If I don't like that, I can change it the following day. I'd say my style is eclectic. Or maybe not, I dunno. I used to have no style at all only a year ago, then I decided to be awesome, so I am. Anyway, these are my favourites!
1. Checkered shirt - I've had this one for ages, actually it is one of the oldest pieces of clothing I own and it is from the times when cheap stores like H&M or New Yorker didn't use awful materials, that won't last. It is so soft and comfy I could sleep in it!
2. Pork pie hat - Last summer I discovere I really rock hats! The problem was I didn't have one yet. I went to this cute little shop, usually filled with hippie and rasta clothes, but they did have summer hats! I've tried several, but this one was the first I had in my hand and the one I finally left with. No regrets, I kept wearing it half of the summer, even though my head kept sweating...
 3. Blueberry bag - As I've said, this one is a must. It's the only Dara Bags I've got from the beginning and I'm not giving it away until it falls apart (which I hope will never happen).
4. Striped pencil skirt - I never thought I will be a "pencil skirt person". It turns out I am, this one feels very nice and it can stretch, so I eat a lot :D
5. White t-shirt - I used to have this feeling that white makes me look fat. Obviously that is a lie. Fat makes you look fat, not clothes. This white shirt has really nice ornament in the front and I like the fact it is not transparent. The only downside is that I can't wear it more than once before throwing it to the laundry.
6. Navy chinos - I just love blue! There is a lot of navy blue color in my selection, I know, I just can't imagine my style without it. I only have one pair of jeans which I don't wear much as I have several colors of chinos and these are the best. I spent some time with the sewing machine to make them look the way I want to, but it was worth it.
7. Bird infinity scarf - What started as a random choice, turned out to be love. I once left for school without a scarf and after realizing it is far too windy to be outside without it (and I couldn't go back home, I was 60 km away), I stopped in the nearest shop and picked the first thing I didn't hate. Today it is my most favourite scarf. Wearable in summer as well as winter.
8. Navy-camel coat - Sales in my favourite second-hand store are huge! There are days I hate the selection, there are days I don't. This coat fell of the hanger and I knew immediately it is going to be something special. Someone had tried to refashion it and had done a tererible job, so it cost me hours of sewing to fix it but I love the result!
9. Chocolate-brown boots - I don't do heels. Not much. I walk quickly and I can't do that wearing heels and I hate being slow! These are perfect for walking fast and the sole won't let me slip. And they remind me of elvish shoes!
10. Statement necklace - Ever since I first saw this necklace in my mother's jewelery box, I knew I must have it. I was just a kid and the necklace was shiny and made nice sound, but I needed it even later, when I grew up. My mum never wore it much, ti felt too heavy for her. And as for me, I couldn't find use for it for a long time. Just recently, I rediscovered it and realized it is a perfect statement necklace to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment