Monday 15 December 2014

How to cook: Meat-filled pasta with cream tomato sauce

ENG
When I was younger, everyone in my family believed that I will never be the sort of a woman who is into cooking and so did I. But as I moved out to live with my boyfriend, It turned out I am quite good at it. And more, I like to experiment a bit with spices and tastes. Italian cuisine is my favourite and I had this pack of conchiglioni pasta for ages and just wanted to do something about it.


What you need (in some cases, the amounts are not exact or not written at all, because I do not usually measure things):

500g of beef or pork (either minced or you can do it on your own)
three big tomatoes
250g of conchiglioni (half of the usual pack)
carton of cream (200 or 250 ml)
spices (I used basil, oregano and red pepper)
Worcester sauce, salt, pepper, oil
cheese for sprinkling (cheddar recommended)
oil

What I did was mince the meat and then mix it with salt, pepper, basil, red pepper and a spoon of olive oil and then let it absorb the tastes for like 20 minutes. Then I heated small amount of oil in the frying pan and put the mixture on it and slowly fried it. Meanwhile I rinsed the tomatoes and cut them into small pieces. After I put it aside, but carefully not to get the gravy off the pan. Then I used the gravy to cook (stew?) the tomatoes in it. Right after putting the tomatoes on the pan I used bigger pot and put water and few teaspoons of salt and when it started to boil, I just threw the pasta in it. The timing was quite good so the pasta was ready and the tomatoes were cooked soft. After draining the pasta there comes the annoying stuff - filling each shell with the meat mixture. Before that you should pour the cream to the tomato sauce and put it on smaller flame so it won't spoil while you're filling the pasta. Then I arranged the pasta on the plate (the portion on the picture is actually gargantuan! I had two meals from that!) and sprinkled it with the cheddar cheese. Then it needs either 30-60 seconds in a microwave or a little while in a preheated oven (it's up to you, I chose microwave). Meanwhile I tried the tomato sauce and used the spices to...well, spice it up. Again, it's up to your preferences what spices you use. Finally, pour the sauce right on the heated pasta and voila!
As I've never written a recipe in English and I believe it might be difficult to comprehend, you can read it in Czech as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment