Monday 1 December 2014

Girl issues

Since I started to focus on my body type and skin type and all the other types I fit in, in order to dress better, look better, ergo feel better, I realised I have to get a brown mascara, as the black one feels too aggressive on my face for casual circumstances and is only suitable for evenings. But the shopping turned out to be an adventure! The fact is, I've been to half a dozen drugstores, and still nothing. I gave up at that time. Today I repeated the drugstore tour. I've searched every stall with makeup and it turned out that there is no one who wants a brown mascara. But apparently, there's a market for blue, amethyst, green and pink ones.
And one more revelation I've made: There are several shades of black I've never heard of before, such as: ultra black, extreme black, rich black, absolute black or my favourite - blackest black! Wonderful! Rimmel had one more - brown black. Which was close to what I wanted but not enough, so I kept searching. I stopped for a while to have a look in CCC for winter boots as I have three pairs of brown boots but no black ones. Well, CCC, Baťa, Reno and Deichmann say, that my calves are too wide to get a proper winter boots to go with my skirts this year. Well, they believe I can have the boots if I can live with artificial leather (which I won't, as these last just one season and then you have to buy a new pair, which, I think is more devastating for the nature then having leather boots from nice pigskin, that can last for five years and the you can get your sole repaired and wear them until they fall apart). Or wear boots that end just above my ankles which makes my legs ridiculously short. So I returned to the last drugstore in the town. And I found it, eureka!
I ended up with Maybeline, brown. I must say that it is very close to Rimmel's "brown black" but still, looks better on my face. Also, thanks to my loyalty card I paid half the price, which is convenient, especially these days, month before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment