Thursday 27 November 2014

Long time no see

Sorry for the pause, but as the end of the semester is approaching, all the seminar papers, presentations, economy tasks and bachelor thesis are piling up. But I'll try my best to make it up for you in the upcoming week, I promise. Yesterday I finished my lexicology handout, seminar paper for culture in Czech regions and picked topic for economy paper. I am starting to feel exhausted and the worst part of the semester is yet to come. I managed to get some Christmas gifts (and Name day and Birthday gifts), even though I am far from being ready for Christmas. I have no idea when am I going to make the Advent crown and Christmas wreath and set up all Christmas decorations!
But I'm an optimist. It's not that I can't manage to do other things. For instance I saw two theatre plays this month, Visiting Mr. Green and Scapino, both enjoyable, even though I liked Mr. Green better. My sisters had a prom last week. The were so beautiful. Like night and day (the blonde had lovely ivory - pink dress with rhinestone applique and hair updo, the dark haired had black dress with open back, golden accessories and hair loose on the side) they were! And it was the first prom I attended together with my love, so we really enjoyed it! I managed to do some sewing, there had been things to improve waiting for me for ages. I also visited my favourite thrift shops and got a few things, most of them needed to be cut, sewn or otherwise adjusted but I don't mind that. Oh, and I bought a kilt! Like a real one, made in Scottish Highlands, from real wool, for just 60 CZK (about three dollars, I believe)!
I read my favourite Sci-fi saga for the third time. It consists of 10 books and I'm planning to write a review because I think Orson Scott Card is a must, not only for science fiction fans.

As for work, except from my standard hours in a bookshop, I spent some time as a Coat Check girl in the theatre/cinema/culture house for their puppet festival. I was also part of the staff for the strudel making competition. It was such a mess! Plus, all staff had to wear white aprons all the time (not very convenient, I managed to get it dirty in 5 minutes). I was able to steal two small pieces of strudel for myself, before the visitors attacked the tables with the apple pastry and ate everything. Truth is, I look tremendous in an apron :D

Tomorrow I am heading to Prague for my friend's graduation ceremony. We're having lunch in her favourite burger restaurant with her parents. On Saturday I'm back at the Hussite museum for a day (and two more in December). My plans for next week - passing the methodology of research test, finishing review of Zadie Smith's White Teeth for intercultural studies lesson, starting a paper for economy and getting together notes for the upcoming exam from Psychopathology. As I've said, I'm not not busy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment