Thursday 10 July 2014

Fifty shades of whaa...?!

My first book review would be about 50 shades of Grey. I 've decided so for several reasons. Firstly, it is quite new and popular amongst women, it's a little controversial (well, a lot controversial for a mainstream) and I'd had mixed feelings about it before I even read it. In the end I came to conclusion that all women should read it. And then probably throw it away as a complete trash. There is a lot, a LOT of wrong in this book.
So let's start with the main character, Anastasia, shall we? She obviously has a eating disorder. And in this world, that is not a good example for young women. It's ok to be thin, I have no problem with that, but it is NOT OK to eat only one apple in a day and nothing else! The main protagonist is always someone we envy. It's fine to envy nice hair, great looks, sex appeal etc. Not eating is not ok, did I mention that?
Next, the sex thing. I must admit, that it turned me on a little. Sometimes. But most of the sex scenes made me laugh hard! Christian is actually a cat, because otherwise I cannot explain all the sounds he makes. And the "Come for me" thing? Absolutely hilarious. Also a bit disgusting. "And my body followed his command" - I mean, what are you, Anastasia? A dog? Sex doesn't work that way. It just doesn't. And neither do most women. This might make you feel, that it is normal for a woman to come everytime she is "commanded". Or f**ked. Well, no. Most women are quite delicate. And difficult. So men should try more, women should tell them what they like and most importantly - loose themselves. Relax a bit. And not worry about the simple orgasms most female character in books and movies have. Real women don't (well, some do, you are lucky ladies).
And as for the S-M issue. Triple NO. First, you don't agree to S-M play when you had no sex yet, no experiences and hate pain. And if you are offered so, you run. Or call a police. Or both. You definitely do not sign a contract about leting some guy beat the hell out of you. I know nothing about the community of people interested in BDSM, but I know something about bringing a little pain and dominance into your sex life. And the fact, that many women after reading the book bought their whips and wanted to get slapped by their SO and then found out, that it hurts (surprise, surprise!), really puzzles me. And some got angry because the guy refused to play this game. Well, that guy was quite wise, really.

I believe, that 50 shades are readable. Good book for a vacation, to get turned on. But do not try the stuff advertised in it at home. And finally, do not force your boyfriend to read it (a friend of mine did, they did not last long, as she loved it and he hated it), keep it for yourself. In some cases, do not even tell him you are reading it. Have fun...

P.S. - I wonder what they're gonna do about the movie... I might go and see it, just out of curiosity, secretly in disguise, of course :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment