Sunday 13 July 2014

Highest window of the highest tower

I'm not going to pretend anything. I don't understand fashion a lot. I wear what I like, what suits me (in my opinion), what makes me feel comfortable. All I care about is that the pieces of clothing fit together somehow and that is it. I am not very photogenic, I must say. But whatever. I make mistakes in my English. But I love it, I love all the expressions that can't be translated to my language, sometimes they can't be even explained properly. I want to use those and not look like a freak, that can't speak Czech correctly (I hate using anglicisms in Czech like they are proper words - such as "like", "tweet" "post" and others). And I have a boyfriend. And I understand, that some of you might get bored, I want to talk about him too. Yes, I want to brag about it. Because you know what, love is real. You can deny it, you can hate it, but it will happen to you eventually. If you want to, of course. So, I've started a new section. About love stories. About everyday or exceptional situations in my life and my friends lives. I want to be positive and stay positive. Because that is the best you can do these days. So, today's story is about a princess locked in the highest tower.
So, on Thursday we decided to go for a run (I started running like half a year ago and I quite enjoy it, even though I can't run very far). Got the bottle of water, running shoes and everything, ready to go. My dear always carries all the things in a Small backpack. So I closed the door behind me when he asked "do you have the keys?" - "Well no, don't you?" - "Nah." Damn. Of course we have the kind of door that click behind you and you can't open them from the outside without the key even if you forgot to lock them. And so our battle begun. We tried to call our landlady, didn't answer. We borrowed a screwdriver and tried to force the door open. Then my guy remembered, that one of his friends once managed to open the door with a little handsaw. Unfortunately that person didn't answer his phone either. Then the landlord came (he actually hates the lady, that rents our flat) and told us we will have to call the locksmith and the police (because when you get locked out, the locksmith has to open the door in front of the police and after you have to prove your identity and a lease contract. Well, we didn't want that, of course because you pay like 50$ for the locksmith and you might get a fine from the police for, well, bothering them. Plus, we are in the middle of packing (we are moving to a new flat in the end of the month), so our flat looks like in Hoarding: Buried Alive. Or it might seem that the flat is being robbed and we are burglars that happened to close door behind them and now can't get back to carry out the rest of the loot.

So, we decided to pay our friend a visit (luckily he didn't live very far). It turned out he is home (he couldn't explain why he hadn't heard the phone), but he can't leave because he is sick. But he told us to ask a guy in our building who has helped many with the same issue before. OK then. We went back home, we knocked on the door. The man was at home! Unfortunately it turned out he is quite drunk, he came out of his apartment wearing a undershirt and briefs, then tried to cut his way through the lock mechanism with the tiny handsaw for like twenty minutes. My boyfriend started to be nervous and annoyed (so was I). So, he decided to have a look, whether it would be possible to climb up the lightning rod. Well, we happened to have an opened window right next to the conductor. So my S.O. decided to go up the wire. Oh my, I was so terrified that he would fall. I was standing on the balcony all the time, watching him with a phone in my hand in case he fell (because every minute matters). But no. My hero climbed to third floor and opened the door for us. We thanked the drunken man for assistance and enjoyed a glass of wine.
I was scared at first, but when he reached the end, I was kinda proud of him. And I new he would save me from a tower, If I happened to be locked in one (and if it had a lightning conductor with a wire). Or I would just grow my hair to be long enough. Haven't decided yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment