Sunday 12 October 2014

Braids revival

You know, a couple years ago, a girl having a braid was the one that spent a lot of time with horses (not in a good way). Cool girls did not wear braid/s. Now you can see them everywhere. Why is that? Well, these two ladies probably had something to do with it...

I know, that the mania around Frozen has been here for ages, but you have to admit, that you've seen a lot of these braids, sometimes as a casual hairdo, sometimes on bridesmaids etc.
I must say I quite fancy this new fashion. I have long hair for a long time and I don't have the courage to cut them or dye them (I like my natural colour and I'm scared that an artificial colour would make them weak), but I've always wanted a change. At least a small one. Braids are great! And there are so many possibilities you can try (and you can do on your own, without assistance)! Personally, I love classic French braid. It is quick and looks great even when the wind messes with your hair a bit. A Dutch braid works almost the same way and looks totally different. Side braids, waterfalls, updo's, last year after semester exams, I even had so much time that I made braids all over my head!
The look on my face doesn't mean I don't enjoy it!
I do this all the time, when my hair is not fresh clean



Ok, the one on the left is not quite visible, because of the photo, also it looks messy, as I was on a bike trip, but it keeps the hair off your face. Also, it is really fast to do. I am still sort of a beginner, so some of my braids don't look like the videos I'm watching. I love that about the Internet - there is a tutorial for everything, hair, makeup, DIY stuff... Right now I am making a sort-of costume for a steampunk tea party, I will add some pictures from that later this month.
A "Yulia Tymoshenko"
Bike trip


A "Katniss Everdeen"
A "Katniss Everdeen" side view


Ok, at the bottom is my last one, which I wore for our three year anniversary. It looks messy but it is not. Some time ago I had my hair cut into layers (actually, I cut them myself according to this video,
it looked like I'm cutting away an awful mass of hair but it turned out fine). Anyway, even though I love the haircut, I am looking forward to having my hair all the same length back again, so all my braids look better (I hate using all those hairsprays, it doesn't work that well on my hair, it lasts for an hour and the it gets messy again).
flower hair pins, New Yorker

No comments:

Post a Comment