Thursday 23 October 2014

Super stylish family

In one of my first articles I mentioned that the fact that I moved away from my family helped me develop my own sense for fashion (maybe not the right one, but definitely mine and not someone else's). This doesn't mean that living with them was somehow bad. It wasn't. But I wore a lot of my mother's clothes (who is S size, while I was M+), because back then I hated shopping for clothes and I found this arrangement easier. I still get to have her shoes (we are same size and have similar way of stretching the shoe. And she keeps buying new pairs of the same style, so at one moment she has like 30 - 50 pairs of shoes but only 10 - 20 styles. And as she could never wear them all, I always get some. Which is great, because I hate buying shoes. And to be honest, she picks shoes that won't get out of fashion (at least not very soon).
I also spoke about the fact, that living with three beautiful and thin women (I have to get used to this expression, my sisters are 19 years old, for Brian's sake!) made my self-esteem really low (no bad feelings towards them though) so I am more satisfied with my size now that I am living on my own.

I'm getting to the point, really. I just wanted to show you those super-stylish-beautiful-thin females I lived with. With their permission, of course.


 First, my sisters (because they are easier to deal with). If you haven't noticed, they are twins. But that is not important. The thing is, aren't they just perfect? For years I thought how unfair it was to grow up near them. And even though I am the older one, I felt like being in their shadow. The worst it got like three and a half year ago, when they started to attend the same high school as I used to. And once I met this guy in a pub, one year younger than me, we chatted a little bit and then he asked my name. I told him. And he said something: " Ah, there's three of you?" It's not that he hadn't noticed me for the five years I was at the same school and he did notice my sisters after only half a year (as I was not very memorable back then). It was that he called me the third (I couldn't give the exact translation of what he said without giving my family name, which I don't want to). What do you mean "third"?! I am the first!
Now I am more confident about myself. I understood that not being perfect doesn't make me less awesome. Each one of us is different. My sisters are supposed to be identical. And they are far from that. Right now, as I can remember clearly what I dealt with when I was their age, all I care about is them being happy. And confident. And making the right choices. And also that the time of our disagreements is almost over and I really like having them over at our place for coffee or diner.
 Plus, the evil part of me hopes, that they might grow fat someday in the future (even if that won't make them any less beautiful).


It is more difficult with my mum. On one hand I loved the fact that I could brag about her. About how stylish and young she looked at her age, but yet it didn't seem inappropriate and childish. Back then I borrowed a lot from her closet, which was also quite cool. On the other hand, people often thought she is my sister. Which might be good for her self-esteem but not that great for mine. There were times I believed that your mum is just not supposed to look better than you.
I want to say I don't care anymore. But I still have those bad days (very rarely though), when I feel ugly and unwanted and I feel threatened by my mother and my sisters and every other girl. But I try my best. Because each of us has her own issues. And mine are no bigger than theirs. Also, since I moved, I am not exposed to their beauty all the time, so it might be easier to cope. Nevertheless, I love them all. I love my mother, because she was the kind of a cool mum every girl would want, really.
In terms of fashion, I think it is awesome to look at the different styles each of us represents. There might be similar elements but in general, we adapted different attitude to fashion.
That is all from me now. You can make your opinion on my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment