Friday 17 October 2014

No style at all

I know that "style" was more a highschool thing, but it is still around these days. Now what am I talking about? Remember the times, when you had to belong to a box, group or whatever you call it and thus you had to dress in a particular way. For example if you listened to hip-hop, the only option for you were baggy trousers, huge shirts and those baseball caps. I never got that. I never truly belonged. I never listened to one type of music and wore just one style of clothes. I love experiments. I love the fact, that you can dress up to your mood as well as you can listen to certain music. And these two thing don't have to come together. It happens quite often to me that I dress up in a very girly style (pink, red, flowers and everything) and then listen to Rammstein in the train. Some might say that I am a bit of a schizofrenic, because these things should reflect your personality. Well, what if my personality is playful? I love games! And fashion and music are games. Sometimes I don't have any style at all. I dress ordinarily and do not listen to anything because I am not in the mood. And sometimes I make up creations. I had a presentation about Native Americans in USA and I wore a poncho. Next I am having a presentation about subcultures of teenagers with my friend. I am planning to wear my Dr. Martens', leather jacket, spiked bracelets and just look interesting. It is not that we get evaluated for that, it is just that I love attention and I think that, well, I deserve it. I mean, I tell interesting information, and, to be honest, the only way to make them listen (at school) is to look interesting enough.
Back to the issue. I think it is not necessary to have a style. I know it is much harder on high school, when you have a group of friends and all of them dress alike and you just want to fit in. I don't give a damn anymore. I did, for some time. But people should not like you for what you wear nor what you listen to. And if it is the only thing they like about you then it isn't worth it. It was difficult, too. I know how much I tried to blend in. I didn't. So I became awesome. True story.


No comments:

Post a Comment