Friday 27 March 2015

One World 2015

I made it this year! I always plan to go see some of the documentaries and art movies, but most years there is not enough time / I'm not in the mood. This year I decided to see three movies from our town's selection: Warriors from the North, Once I Dreamt of Life and Children 404. Truth is I am not a "people person", I love spending time with Ales, books and my family and closest friends (sometimes).  Also I was sort of sick and busy that weekend so what. Anyway my plan didn't work the way I wanted.
On Saturday, after seeing Warriors from the North (documentary about Somali youths born in Scandinavia but fighting for Al-Shabaab - and performing suicide bomb attacks in Somalia) I was kinda depressed and going to the projection of Once I Dreamt of Life (suicide-themed movie) was out of the question. In the end I stayed in the Café MP7 (aka one of the two movie-screening place) to watch No Land's Song, one of the few positive and happy-ending documentaries this year, about a female composer from Iran, organising an all-female concert in Teheran. I had a beer - a new product from Czech brewery Bernard - an Ale (I know, it doesn't soud so special, but Czech is famous for it's Lagers, but we do not have wide selection of other types of beer), 8,2% alcohol, top fermented, super delicious but not suitable for all-night drinking. I had my outfit well planned, unfortunately I didn't take a picture. So all you can see in the picture below (centre of the picture, last one on the left of the row of ladies, glasses and a ponytail) is me watching a movie, yay!

On Sunday I went to see Children 404 with Ales (who spent 16 hours at work the day before). The movie was about life of homosexuals (especially teenagers and young adults) in Russia. In this context I would like to mention an article about UN and Russia, published three days ago. I was havind sore throat and didn't feel like driking beer, so I ordered ginger lemonade. I was offered a choice between Sweppes and Pragomost, and obviously I chose the second option, as it was only 5 CZK more expensive, but no chemicals and local distributed. Unfortunately their website is not translated. Anyway, it was pretty great. I am looking forward to tasting more flavours, maté and rose hip especially.
 Before leavind we handed in the leaflets to compete for some interesting stuff. I claimed we are going to win a dinner for two. We did win a road-safety set - reflective slap bracelet, sticker and magnnetic warning triangle. Funny story, I won a set, Ales won a set and two more went to my sister and her boyfriend (there were 8 prices altogether, and price no. 4.-8. was the safety set). Well we won and those bracelet will be perfect for running and cycling. As for the rest, we'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment