Tuesday 27 January 2015

Bike me!

I believe I've already mentioned how much I use my bicycle (this would be a place for the Queen's song, but I will do without it, it's such a cliche). Since I've been living with a cycling freak, I use my bike for commuting from spring to autumn, as much as possible. I am more of a short-distance biker, so I still do not travel to school on it (it's 60 km, and I can't make it under an hour as the train does), but I use it quite often. At the moment I own two bikes - one is super old admiral. My mum had it before me for like seven years and it's mine since 2006. It has been repaired, the tires changed, everything is nice and functional. And I like it. It is one heavy bastard and getting it out of the basement used to be nightmare, but it's a bike I can rely on. The other one is Author, it is more of a freestyle bike, it was meant for jumping and tricks. Ales uses it at the moment, as his own bike is in desolate state and we didn't manage to save the money to have it fixed yet. Anyway, I was thinking what kind of bike I would get if... I had unlimited budget and enough space to store them aaaand this is the top 3 (well, eight pictures in three categories) :


1. Girly polka dot city bike
I know, I know, it is useful only in a flat town. Which is something you definitely cannot say about my home town. But! I could use one of these in Ceske Budejovice where I go to school! If would be so perfect to have a bike to get from one school building to another, especially to gym classes which are located in a sports hall which is a bit further from the other buildings. I do not want to spend money for bus tickets and honestly, I do not have time to go on foot, as sometimes I have only 15 minutes from getting back to class (this semester my schedule really sucks!). Anyway the bike would solve all my problems. I would go for something like these:














2. Foldable bike - In case someone stole my polka dot bike in Ceske Budejovice or in case it was locked somewhere far away from the station, I could totally use one of these superb foldable bicycles. I own a scooter which is perfect for my needs, but a bike is a bike. These two are my favourites:



















3. A Merida full suspension hardcore bike - As far as I know, Merida is quite a good bike brand and having one of their beauties in full carbon construction with all kinds of improvements you can imagine that would help me climb mountains... Yeah, that would be nice. Not that I'm planning to cycle-climb a mountain though...
My choices: Merida One-Sixty 7.600 a One-Eighty 6.900



























And remember - I am proud of not being a guy so I am not here to praise the models, the frames, shifters, brakes and stuff, that is what guys do. I want a polka dot or flower printed  retrobicycle, preferably foldable to go with my favourite skirt, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment