Wednesday 7 January 2015

My love, my everything, my...broken!

First let me assure you, this is not a break up, really. Nothing is wrong about that matter. But! If you've seen my post about Christmas presents, you must have seen that I got a sewing machine. I was testing it after Christmas and later there was no time for it, until Monday. I was studying for my economy test and needed a break, so I decided to practise on my beauty. It worked just fine, until I decided to change the thread. The threading the needle itself worked just fine, but then the machines did a "pffft" sound and the needle suddenly stopped moving! The engine runs and everything, when I put the thingy in the position for winding the bobbin spindle, it works and winds the thread upon the spindle, but the sewing itself does not work! I was desperate and cried, like A LOT. I haven't learnt anything else that evening. Which might cause my expulsion from school.
The worst part was yet to come. Yesterday we've looked everywhere only to find out that the receipt was nowhere to be found! And you can't claim the warranty and ask for free repair or replacement! Which makes me feel like an idiot, for several reasons.
First, I bought (well, my grandpa paid for it but it was me, technically) a machine which I knew would not be perfect, but it was the only new one I could buy with my budget. Mistake it was!
Second, I somehow lost or threw away the receipt! I always keep them. All of them are in a paper box in my closet! Even those I don't need anymore or I never needed, but somehow, the only receipt I've ever needed in my life to return the item properly, is also the only one I cannot find! So you see, I am not in the best mood now, as I might get expelled and, I might not see a sewing machine again, as I can't afford a new one, can't return this one and who knows if this one can be repaired. And even if it can, what if the cost of the repair would exceed the actual price?

EDIT: Those few unlucky days are gone now. Today (8th January) I took the sewing machine to the repair guy in our town - it took like ten minutes and I was allowed to take it back home, fully functional. And as for the economy test, I passed it. Which means I owe my friend a beer, but I don't care about that :) And I made a deal with God (well, more with myself) that if I pass, I will work on my bachelor thesis all Saturday, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment