Tuesday 27 January 2015

Shopping Update: January 2015

I shop. Not as much as some bloggers I follow, but still... And January after Christmas sales are great for purchassing "needful" things. Also, my beloved thrift store had January sales (which means getting the cheap even cheaper, for approx. 50 cents - 10 CZK a piece).


I was looking for some earrings that would go with brown / gold combination. Didn't find any that would suit me, so I bought a set of buttons and using pair of manicure scissors, glue gun and 6 earring hooks I assembled 3 pairs of beautiful earrings. The scarf/poncho is something I was looking for for some time, the bright green scarf is not, but it is real cashmere (and not just acrylic imitation) and it is heavenly soft.

There is never enough pants. At least for me, as I apparently possess  huge calves (no boots available) and "X" shaped legs with no thigh gap, after a while all pants just wear off, scuffing a hole between my legs (which is highly inappropriate!). I also purchased a pair in brown, but they are in a washing machine at the moment and they are meant as summer outdoor pants (they even have the lace thingy at the bottom, so I can turn them into shorts in few seconds without rolling them all up). The gardener top is so cute! It was meant to be worn at home, but I might reconsider that. The tree buckle belt is like something stolen from costumery of Lord of the Rings. I am actually thinking of making a historical / fantasy dress to go with it, something Arwen-like, maybe.
One more item is missing from the photos and it is a spring jacket I am currently refashioning (someone screwed up its sleeves really hard!).
That is all for today (and hopefully for whole month, I don't intend to buy anything else right now...)

No comments:

Post a Comment