Friday 23 January 2015

Sewing diary, entry one

Dear diary,
today was my first real attempt on my brand new sewing machine. I've tried all the stitches and my mum has already used it to adjust some pants and dresses for my sisters, so now it was time for real action. The good thing is that threading the bobbin and in general preparing the machine for sewing doesn't take me as much time as it used to. I bought some trousers in a thrift store and as usual they needed to be shortened (as I am quite short myself, I almost never get jeans or pants that would fit me in terms of length, not even in regular stores. So, first I tried both pairs of pants on and used glass-headed pins to find a proper length. Then I used a hand needle and with large stitches I pre-sewed the fabric. Then I could avoid it no longer. And I did it! First the regular stitch, then the overlock so the fabric won't mess around.
Judgement: It does not look as well as it does, when I hand-sew it. But it does not look bad and it takes 1/10 of time. Also, I believe that is just a matter of time. I will get the hang of it! I am really looking forward to my next challenge - the coat I plan to narrow.. YAY! Sewing is awesome!
Love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment